Not Just a Cap Lamp!
Not only a cap lamp, the Messenger RT cap lamp is a robust, simple two-way text messaging device from Northern Light Technologies® (NLT) that provides powerful real time communication in a convenient and intuitive package. The 433 receiver embedded in the unit allows the lamp to be tracked by placing NLT active RFID tags in key locations; this tag information is then sent to the server by the lamp via the Wi-Fi network. Free text messages (up to 60 characters) are sent via the Wi-Fi network through Northern Light Technologies’ Digital Mine Software and received by the cap lamp user within seconds.
A brief flashing sequence on the LED cap lamp alerts the miner a message has been received, with the duration and persistence of the flash indicating the priority level of the communication. The miner uses a toggle switch to read the message, which is scrolled across the LCD display, and uses the same toggle to send an appropriate response from 40 predetermined messages. Multiple replies can be sent in response to the same message, with each response uniquely logged and time-stamped on the server, creating real-time updates as underground circumstances change. The tracking accuracy that the Messenger RT provides is unparallel in the mining industry, opening up endless productivity and safety opportunities for your operation.
The Messenger is MSHA, and IECEx approved for use in hazardous environments.
• Standard: IEEE 802.11 b/g
• Frequency Range: 2.412-2.484 GHz
• Data Rate: b: 11MB b/s g: 54MB b/s
• Transmit Output Power: 14 dBm + 1.5dBm/-1.0 dBm
• Security: WEP 34/128, WPA-PSK, TKIP, AES, end-to-end encryption
• Type: 15 Cell NiMH, 6 Volts
• Charge Time: <12 hours
• Discharge: >12 hours
• Charger: “E” type Northern Light®
- Primary: 1 Watt LED
- Primary Lifespan: Minimum 10,000 hours
- LUX: 3,000
- Display: Backlit 2-line LCD
- User Input: Toggle Switch
- Weight: 1.6 kg or 3.4 lbs
- Reverse Tracking Receiver: 433 MHz
- MSHA, IECEx